Originally Posted by Tennessee
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Thank you so much. When you post that info can you post a few more details please? Some of these questions you may not be able to fully answer but I would greatly appreciate any insight.

1.Can you tell if this is a 700 action that has had metal removed to lighten it,or is it something entirely different? How does the action and bolt diameter compare to a model 700, Forbes action,or Kimber Action?

2.Is there any information about the barrel manufacturer? Is it a recessed target crown or what?

3. I would love a picture of the bolt face to see the position of the extractor. I am interested to know if this one will have a high ejection like a Forbes or more of a 90 degree ejection.

4. Can you get us an actual weight?

I would also love to hear your impression of handling and how it compares to the Forbes and Kimber. It looks like the stock is more reminiscent of the Forbes. When this rifle was first announced,the impression I got was that Barrett was taking over the production of the Forbes rifle. Now it isn't clear what,if any, similarities the Barrett has with the Forbes.

I can answer these.

1. It is not a 700 action. The diameter and footprint is the same as a Forbes.

2. The barrels are all profiled, chambered, threaded and crowned in-house by Barrett. The actual straight-cylinder blank supplier may vary by caliber based on performance or capabilities of different suppliers. They are all precision honed and button-rifled to date. The crown is a typical radius faced, 45 degree edge break as seen on most hunting rifles. Every one I have shot performs beyond my expectations.

3. The extractor location is the same as Forbes. It works.

4. The 308 weighs five pounds flat with the 21" non-threaded barrel. As you know the weight will vary slightly by caliber and barrel length.

The stock is EXACTLY the same stock design that was on the Forbes. The action footprint is the same. That is about the end of the similarities. Re-designed from the inside out.

Thank you very much. I will be buying one in 6.5 Creedmoor.

a couple other question please.Did you have any issues with ejected cases hitting the windage knob on that Nightforce? I had some issues with this on my Forbes but I haven't determined yet if mine is an extractor position issue or spring tension issue,or something else.

I have picatinny rails for my Forbes. Does the Barrett use the same hole spacing so mine would fit,or if not is there any plan to offer a picatinny rail? The only reason I would want a rail is more versatility in ER on some scopes.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 04/16/17.