Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Unfortunately, I was told the left hand models are a ways out. Barrett isn't ignoring the left hand crowd. It's just a major undertaking and a major financial commitment. Lots of tooling and expense.

Before I say any of this, please keep in my I have a left handed son -- so I have a personal interest, but...

best estimates suggest left handers are about 8% of the firearms market. Our numbers reflect that and we sell in excess 20,000 long guns a year. I realize those numbers are probably not accurate. Young shooters are given right hand firearms and stay that way for life, few companies offer a complete left hand selection of firearms, left handers can't get exactly what they want so they compromise, etc., etc. Lots of factors negatively impact those numbers.

This may sound selfish, but left hand guys better hope Barrett moves a ton of right hand Fieldcrafts. The rifle needs to be a major success before the capital is generated to produce left hand actions, stocks, etc.

Maybe that's a question that can be answered? How many preorders would it take to get the ball rolling?

It's unfortunate that they mislead the buying public about it.

Go eat some pudding.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.