Originally Posted by Zerk
Not sure why a healthy adult would choose 6mm for deer, unless you could only own one gun.

I own, have hunted with, and shot plenty of deer with much bigger. Now I don't see any reason not to use a 6mm. Now I'm not saying it does a better job than anything else, and I mainly use them because my 2 current favorite rifles are chambered in .243 Win, but I have to call BS when I hear people say they're not big enough. Plenty of gun for any deer I'm going to shoot at, and as far as I'm going to be shooting at them.

Originally Posted by Zerk
I read an article on the Montana, and went to the store to check one out. Really dissapointed. Spend all that money and get a loud safety. I hunt in heavy woods, and to me it is an issue. Counter guy said he uses 2 hands. Deer I shot this year was 20 yards. Hate to get excited and flip off safety.

This is a complaint with my 700 too.

Two hands to work a safety? New one on me.

Most of my shots are taken at less than 60 yards or so, many much closer, as I primarily hunt the thick stuff too. Never worried too much about safety noise, cause when it comes off it's all but over for the deer anyway.

Can't say I start messing with the trigger or safety out of excitement either, if I did I'd keep a cold chamber until i was ready to shoot. On a side note, the safety on my Xbow is about as loud as a .22 LR. Never lost a shot opportunity because of it.