Can I ask why you are considering the 22s vs some of the 24 or 25 cal. chamberings. To be frank in my groundhog hunting days I found the 22s excellent but really offering nothing that the .243 or 6mm couldn't do just as well and while the 223 may well take deer and im sure it does the 24s just offer you an extra margin of power especially at extended ranges. I believe that even ingwe has said he try's to limit his deer shooting to around 200 yds which admittedly is a lot of deer hunting . I'll also point out all of the threads about trying to find this or that 22 bullet /reload for deer. That tells me that people know they are pushing the envelope on the 22s. With a 24 cal you can just buy a $14 box of Federal blue box or power points 100 gr. and you are good to go. If you want something looney take a look at a 250. Savage everything the 243 offers with a good dose of loonyism. Maybe I should have saved bandwidth and asked what really does the 223 do in a bolt rifle that the 243 can't if you don't just want to buy the cheapest surplus ammo you can find.

Last edited by bangeye; 08/09/17.