Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I have an itch to build a 6 MM Remington. My question is, Do I need a standard length action as a donor or will a short action donor action be sufficient. I'll be shooting up to 100 grain game bullets and likely no lighter than 80 grainers.

What do you say?

Easy for me to say,if only because I've shot/got 'em all. Left to right: 270,6 Grendel,6BR,6XC,6 Kreedmire,243 SALAMI,243 Aye-Eye,6mm Rem SAL:AMI,6mm Rem Aye-Eye,6-284 and Six Twat-six.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The only bigger piece of fhuqking schit than a 6mm Rem,is the 6mm Rem Aye-Eye. Hint.

The 6 Kreedmire is the place you wanna be,if only because it's brass is without peer(Alpha),it's a mechanical marvel and it sings rather nicely with boolits that matter...while playing nice in the COAL department. As per always,boolits matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps. I've got 6 Kreedmire's Custom Rifles in both 7" and 8" twist and 7" is how the game is played. throat with a shred of sense and you can do it all,easily. Hint.

As an aside,Alpha will be offering 6 Kreedmire brass,before too long,but I always want to control headspace via false shoulder an do.

108 ELD's at 3050fps is a breeze,in a modest length spout(nothing over 22" for me). I'm gunning a 250yd zero on both,which eats only 7 Mils to the 1000yd line and the windshield alone will get it to the 1200yd line in Today's atmosphere. It's supersonic to 1400yds+ and 5 Mils of full value 10mph wind doesn't happen until the 1900yd line. In '17 fueled Alpha's,ES/SD are amazingly trite(single digit ES) and there is no vertical. It also just happens to CRUSH everything thus far cited,simply fhuqking silly. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If it were a High Volume Utility Rifle,I'd go 6BR and never look back...though in fairness,none of mine are faster than 8"(nor slower). A 20" spout will more than do it all.

[Linked Image]

If forced to burn a L/A Donor in 6mm,it'd Six Twat-six for certain,as there's no bullshit there,but less is soooooooooo much more. Montucky Six Twat-six with 8" Brux,in a contour dupe wearing less shank. 105's at 3400fps don't suck.(grin)

[Linked Image]

You've been led to water.

Hint...................

(Addendum: for 1000 words video)

1000 Words On 6mm RINK

Re-hint......................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."