My good old Rem 700 BDL in 6mm Rem. Got it about 1974 as I recall. Did a little varmint & coyote shooting with it. Past 10 or 15 years my youngest son has been using it on whitetail and mule deer with fine results. He does like to zap some rockchucks with it too. Very easy rifle to shoot well.

[Linked Image]

It's been a good rifle for a long time now. No idea the round count, never kept score on that. It still puts those wonderful 95 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips into nice tight groups from the 22" factory barrel. Have shot bullets from 55 - 105 grains from it with good results. The little 105 Hornady A-Max is pretty impressive.

I was surprised some years ago when people started telling me that the cartridge would be better served in a long action. Okay, fair enough. But all the stuff this thing has killed over the past 40+ years... Well, those critters are still pretty doggone dead.

If this barrel ever stops shooting well, I'll likely replace it with a 24" of the same contour, maybe speed up the twist to 1:8. Maybe.

Regards, Guy