Originally Posted by TimberRunner
What is a booking agent?

Someone that handles the advertising and arranging the dates of your hunt. They may have more than one property at their disposal. Their sole purpose is to fill all the available hunt dates per property. Usually employed by ranches to do the scheduling,freeing up the land owners time to tend to his own business. All for a fee. In my case he was smooth. Like silk. And lied like there was no tomorrow.

Our party were promised use of showers,and access to the whole 10,000 acre ranch. It came to pass that we weren't allowed to use the showers,and were barred from all the good roost timber on the ranch. We were Turkey hunting. The caretaker of the ranch said that particular pasture was reserved for some guys from General Motors, who entertain business guests there. So,we drove on down to Sonora and showered at a motel. We sat in camp not 200 yards from pasture 2B, and listened to Turkey on the roost in the evenings. I did shoot one Rio. At distance with a rifle I'd brought for hog hunting. It was the only bird taken that week between 3 camps of hunters. One fella across the road from us, was there for the last bird of his grand slam. He was praying for our booking agent to pop in for a visit. Don't think he wanted to talk much though. Lesson learned.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."