Originally Posted by yukonal
I recently had a disappointing elk hunt, booked thru them. They lied about the guide/outfitter, misrepresented how the horseback hunt would be conducted, and then have not followed through on how a future hunt would be arranged.

When I finally contacted Keith today, he was belligerent, and rude in his response to me concerning the way I've been treated. Jack Sr would rip Keith a new one, if he were still around.

Heads up for any of you considering booking thru them. There is a good chance it would not play out as described by them.

Originally Posted by yukonal
Originally Posted by BWalker
Why post this months after the hunt? Just curious.

A wise man tries to calm down, and not make a huge deal out of the experience, after getting hosed. And, Jack Sr. made that company a reputable service. I have a hand signed book from him that I treasure. But, after trying to give them a second chance to see if the first was a fluke, and getting lied to again...I see a pattern. And thought I would pass on a warning. Nothing more. Live and learn.

More details would do no one any good, as I'm not looking for any resolution. I just won't spend anymore of my hard earned money with a dishonest company. We've all heard it dozens of times...a father builds a business up to a great company, with an excellent reputation, and when the kids take over...they drive it into the ground.

I have had some excellent outfitted hunts in recent years. This one, and the recent one that almost happened, were not as represented. That's my [calm] wording. Most of all, the way Keith Atcheson replied to my concerns, really set me off. A little, disrespectful POS.

I, too, hope this isn't a sign of things to come, with this company. And Scott, thank you for the kind words.

For those of you just catching up let me summarize....

Al talks to Atcheson's booking agency and finds out who they recommend for an elk hunt. Al doesn't use Atcheson's to book the actual hunt, goes behind their back and then rips them for no apparent reason and went so far as to tell a man that he's trying to ruin that his deceased father would "rip him a new one" and he calls the same man, of whom he was NOT a client, "A little, disrespectful POS" and for what? You felt disrespected because a guy you went around wasn't personally sending you the very best deals he had?

Jesus Christ, when you go back further than Keiths classy response it gets worse

I'm not normally stunned at things I see but this is absolutely stunning. Its pathetic, its chickenchitt, it might actually be the dirtiest attempt of character assassination I have ever seen.