Originally Posted by yukonal
I recently had a disappointing elk hunt, booked thru them. They lied about the guide/outfitter, misrepresented how the horseback hunt would be conducted, and then have not followed through on how a future hunt would be arranged.

When I finally contacted Keith today, he was belligerent, and rude in his response to me concerning the way I've been treated. Jack Sr would rip Keith a new one, if he were still around.

Heads up for any of you considering booking thru them. There is a good chance it would not play out as described by them.

I am in the opposite camp.....i booked a sheep, bear, moose hunt in the brooks range a few years ago.......i wanted horseback, .....they recommend an outfitter. great hunt.......every thing that the atcheson's told me is what happened.....they delivered.

i went on to do 2 more hunts with the outfitter , that they recommended. .......also i had put down a good sized deposit on a african hunt with them..( 10,000.00)......at the same time i had another deposit with a different booking agent.

the economy went to $hit, and i had to cancel......i gave both booking agents ample notice......the atcheson's, promptly refunded me and said they understood.......the other agent basically told me to pound sand...lost 5,000.00.

I would use them again in a heartbeat.....I will recommend them to anyone......bob