Originally Posted by yukonal
Guys, sorry for bringing this thread up again. I didn't even know it was alive since the beginning of March. I had no idea all this posting was going on. And Drum...wow! A link to this thread was just brought to my attention. I thought it was dead 3 months ago.

I don't feel I slandered anyone. I only said I had a hunt that did not turn out the way I was told it would. Please read my first post on this thread.

Also, I didn't know that I DIDN'T go thru Atchesons. I thought I did, after I hunted with the outfit they recommended. I hunted with the outfit they told me to, and told them I booked the hunt with them before I went. Then afterwards, I told them about the hunt so that they could get their commission. I even told the place I hunted that I was going thru Atchesons. Hope that clears that up. Don't know where the going behind their back came from.

I'll give you guys the shortened version, since everyone thinks I owe an explanation.

When we got there, the guide we were told by A&Sons we would be hunting with, had been fired. The horses were rented from another ranch, as the ones at our camp were so worn out, the guide said he couldn't use them...the horses familiar with that ranch.The hunt was booked as a horseback hunt. We rode horses up the first morning. They were on the verge of out of control. We stayed on the mountain all day (4 of us) so that the other 3 hunters could hunt up there for the evening hunt.

2 other hunters got their elk that night. The guide made us leave the elk on the mountain that night, to recover the next day. He asked all 4 of us if we wanted to ride back down the way we came up, or walk the horses down a steep incline (45 degree, and sometimes steeper) which would be shorter. All in the dark. We all said that we wanted to ride back out. The guide then told us we were going to walk the horses down...2 miles down. The horses slid down probably 1/4 of the way. One of the older hunters fell down several times, and hurt his leg.

The next day they wouldn't let us go with them to recover our elk. We had to stay in camp. My brother and I told the guide to let us know when they got his elk back to camp, as we were going to butcher both for our trip back home. I gave the guide a brand new elk game bag kit, and asked him to put the quarters in it. Later that day, after not hearing from anyone, we drove a mile and a half down the road to the barn, and my brothers WHOLE elk was hanging from a tractor, in the sun, covered with flies. No game bag, not quartered.

This is just the condensed version. All of these things were discussed with Keith over the phone, and he acted like it was no big deal. This is what I meant by the "horseback hunt" being misrepresented.

The other part to this saga...is the grizzly hunting. I called A& Sons several years ago, and put my name on a grizzly cancellation hunt list. I called 3 times a year for 2 years, every time after they emailed their client list that a hunt had come up. Every time I called, the hunt had been sold. The third year, I called again in the beginning of the year to keep in contact and let them know I still wanted to do it. The second time that year that I received the client email that a cancellation hunt came up, I again called to book, but the hunt had again been sold. I had my name on a waiting list for 3 years, and they never ONCE called me to sell me ANY of the cancellation hunts. The last time I told Keith that I wasn't happy about the way he handled that. He raised his voice and said, "why don't you stop bitching, and just book a bear hunt?"

I don't think I have to give any more details than that. I think this gives you an idea where I'm coming from. I apologize to you guys for not chiming in sooner, I really didn't know this thread was still going. I wish somebody wold have pm'ed me. But, apologize to Keith...no way. I think the apology should be to me.

Really Drum...banned?

10 years I've never bashed anyone on this forum. Made several posts helping people when I could. [b]Made a lot of friends here, and never tried to hurt anyone. [/b]

Until you tried to burn a man’s business and his fathers legacy with a directed attack that should never have been penned here.

As already posted - you’ve been sulking around for months on the Fire...Saying you were recently made aware of the dissenting opinions from members by a “Link” passed to you shows your lack of integrity and actual intelligence thinking this would suffice as your excuse for not responding to the schit show you ignited...

I own a small business and this is the same chicken schit behavior I’ve seen attempted by a very small amount of customers who attempt to extort funds on projects with threats of social warfare when the final bill is giving to them...

Unfortunately for these types of people in this world, I’am that kind of owner who always makes the time to find my way to small claims court for full payment and liens against their property if necessary...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”