Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by djb
I guess my reading comprehension isn't too good. So as an Ohio resident, I have to pay $89 for a small game license, that I will not use, to have the honor of just APPLYING for the honor of getting drawn for an elk tag??!! WTH! .

That's it.I posted because a person has to have that tag before even applying. I figure a lot of people that wait until the last minute are going to be in for a big surprise. Initially every one said NR tags were not going up.The base price of the tag isn't, it will still cost $89 to apply instead of $3 .

A lot of people think these increases are just dandy and some how are going to get us better big game management .My bet most of it will be used for administrative cost..Most that are in favor of it some how think it will mean less hunter pressure. I doubt that too.

Thanks. I'm not trying to 'shoot the messenger'. It's just frustrating.

As it initially posted. I have to 1) see this a a way of walking back the basically free application from last year floodingthe system or 2) part of some other ends to a means. I just apply for cow tags to enjoy a western hunt and get some good meat. Last year was the first time in years I didn't draw initially; I picked up a left over tag, which ironically, was one of the tags I didn't draw my first try crazy

Hey, if they want to increase tags, its their right just as much as it's mine to go elsewhere. I just wish they'd revert to the old system and charge an increase to people who actually get drawn.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince