Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by liliysdad
.....I figure Colorado just isnt worth the hassle.

Yes, that's the decision any NR hunter has to make.

Exactly. The powers that be have set the requirements and now each individual has to make that decision whether it is worth it or not. I agree that is sucks, whether you're a resident or not. It's just more painful if you're a NR.

Montana did the same thing to me years ago. I used to go there every year to hunt with my buddies and I enjoyed the heck out of it. However, when Montana decided to stick it to the NR and double the tag price, that is when I decided I didn't need a Montana deer that bad and quit going. Did my decision affect Montana's decision and their budget? Not at all because there were plenty of other people standing in line to hand Montana their money for the same tag. This is what will happen in CO. CO knows what's happened in other states when they do this, i.e. that hunters will continue to pay. The only way they would rethink what they're doing is if the NRs as a whole, quit applying. And, you can see from this thread that that won't happen. There are a number here that won't apply anymore due to the cost but there seems to be just as many, if not more, that will continue to apply, even with the increased cost. So it goes...

As a side note, if we could get the legislature to agree to tax all the mountain bikers, hikers, kayakers, etc. the same way they tax/charge hunters, we wouldn't be having this discussion, I bet!