I’m sure this is whining too, but the vast majority of public hunting lands is on National Forests, i.e. support by the nation’s tax payers not just CO residents. I know the locals will say the herd in a state ‘property', but it still bothers me the discrepancy in price to hunt on the federal lands. I guess this is the reason the bikers/hikers get away without paying since they aren’t chasing critters.

I just did some checking on our Ohio DNR site. Non residents are required to buy a annual hunting license ($146.12) and then can purchase a deer permit for ($41.60). A resident also has to buy an annual hunting license first ($19) and then can purchase a deer tag ($24).

I think what non-residents are bothered principally, is the the discrepancy in costs being so much higher for non-residents that is appears we are being saddled with the costs to support the herd. With leasing in the East, and higher and higher prices out West, it really is becoming a rich man's sport. Sad but truth, I really doubt we have 1-2 generations of normal hunting left (if not completely outlawed) it will mirror EU.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince