I wasn't aware that this would turn into such a pi$$ing contest when I posted it.I only wanted people not to get blind sided when they applied for a tag.

My take on it is if CPW only wanted to get more of their share of PR funds, they could have just required the purchase of the small game tag.They are already getting extra monies from the increase of the big game tags and certainly will get a windfall from the sale of the small game tag.So why increase that?

I don't have the figures on the number of draw applicants for big game,but think it is way over 200,000. So at $28 a clip,that is $5.6 million that not counting a NR gets $80 .Figuring that maybe 1/2 of the applicants are NR, that takes it up to $10.8 million. Now add the average application fee of $8 )($7 and(9) they get another $1.6 million . That is only for one species, by the time you add in increases for antelope, deer, elk, moose, sheep, goat, that figure can easily pass $20 million.

Sure, many big game hunters already buy a small game tag,but that is a small income when compared to what CPW will gain vs what they already take in from that.

I'm not sure that all who are gung ho for these increases have figured out just how much CPW 's income will increase.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles