Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ELKiller
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I think what Smoke is saying is the government isn't forcing you to buy a license. If you don't want to ,you don't have to.However,if you want to go hunting, which in CO is a privilege,not a right, then they make you buy that license.Like someone has already posted,it isn't anything except and other fee and they can't call it a tax .

It's like the road and bridge fee on CO vehicle registration. If they called them a tax,voters would have had to vote on it. Knowing that wouldn't pass,they called them a fee. CPW is doing the same thing with the blessing of the stare legislator.

Yeah, I understand all that... I just wish they’d call it what it is.

Colorado isn't doing anything other states hadn't done years ago. And if they can get additional P-R funds by requiring people to buy a license (like other states do) rather than pay an "application" fee they'd be foolish not to.

I totally agree with you Smokepole & that’s exactly what I was trying to state in the portion of my reply that omitted from your “quote”. They have to jump on the band wagon & not doing so is certainly foolish. Alternatively, the feds could change the way that funds are distributed from P-R, so that no single state (or all of them after every state jumps on the band wagon) can work the system at our expense.