Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I do find it mildly annoying that a state has the unfettered ability to charge whatever they wish to hunt public lands that my tax dollars pay for, and that I own....

There should be a period(.), between 'hunt' and 'public land', they are 2 separate sentences. The unfettered fees are the same, public OR private. And yes, your taxes pay for public land. And you are free to use them. But the public lands hold animals that your taxes DON'T pay for, so unless you pays your license monies, and jump thru the hoops, you can't 'hunt' on that public ground.

I know the argument....and even though I largely disagree with it, it has been decided long ago. Tilting at windmills and such...

Not to jump the thread, but a quick note; For me the monies we all spend in tag and licensing fees that go towards “whatever game and management” means to dept of fish and game. We pay it...Alas, only to be regulated through the courts by individuals and non-profit start up organizations that throw some of their morality-science into an argument, that a certain animal shouldn’t be hunted or hunted in a way that was used properly in the past allowing for better management of an game animals head count. Thinking, bear, cougs, wolves, insert animal and location of your choosing or type of hunt that has since been changed through the courts by people who have never paid for these animals through fees hunters and sportman have for a few generations. Think liberal soccer mom and dads with trek poles and day packs. Apologies for hijack 😎

Last edited by Beaver10; 01/13/19.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”