You're right it's a fair question. I don't pretend to have the answer to it, all I did was ask you what your basis is for concluding that no game management happens on public land, which is also a fair question. And apparently a question you can't answer.

And you do know that population surveys are conducted from the air as well as on the ground, right?

My smart-ass comment is the result of reading a bunch of non-residents complaining about fees to hunt in other states. The common thread seems to be an attitude of entitlement, that you're entitled to pay a fee that you find acceptable. I never think of it that way, I look at the fees that other states charge and make a decision. If I don't like their fee structure I don't hunt there. Because as a non-resident I understand that I have no say in how other states conduct their business.

And I damn sure know that I'm not entitled to demand an accounting from state agencies in states I don't reside in. So take your "liberal" bullsh** and stuff it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.