Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by test1328
As a side note, if we could get the legislature to agree to tax all the mountain bikers, hikers, kayakers, etc. the same way they tax/charge hunters, we wouldn't be having this discussion, I bet!

Nope,all those fees would go to BLM or Forest department for use of the land. Hunters pay for the ability to hunt.Right now if you are not hunting, you pay zip to use that land. CPW would not see a penny of those fees. However,maybe less money would be bled out of CPW .Like out of that part of the pie chart they show that says payments to other agencies. Or they could get out of the real estate business of owning water impoundments and wildlife areas.Turn them into state lands

You're right about this, I agree. However, I'm sure the legislature could come up with a plan in no time at all to get some funds to CPW if they wanted to. Why not a license to operate a kayak or mountain bike in CO that would go to CPW? Or, a one time CPW fee of $100 for every mountain bike, kayak, etc. that is sold in CO? They do similar to fund tourism in CO by charging an extra fee (tax) on your hotel stay. With some creativity and the right legislation, I'm sure it could be done. However, I doubt we would ever see it.