Your draw length will be shorter with that style of bow vs. a compound but you won't know your actual draw length until you have the bow in hand. For grins until the bow arrives, you can take a yard stick and hold it against your chest and reach both arms out until your finger tips meet and read that length-it will be close to your draw length. With ordering a 50 lb bow, that will be 50 lbs at a 28" draw and you will likely draw a bit further with your height/wing span. That bow will gain 3-4 lbs for every inch of draw past 28" and I expect you will be shooting closer to 55-60 lbs at your draw length. Assuming you're going to start with carbon shafts, 400 spine should be in the ball park and they should be 32" uncut. I'd leave them full length and play with tip weight to adjust spine to get them shooting good. If you decide to try wood shafts at some point, they're a bit more forgiving as to spine and have always been quieter shooting for me, though harder to come by good quality and are less durable.

I know we live fairly close and I have a lot of experience getting these bows set up and shooting. If you want to meet up, I'd be more than happy to get you started out on the right foot (or maybe left foot in your case grin).

Last edited by JGray; 04/22/19.