Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I hear you all on the anchor point. My wife took that pic 5 minutes after I opened the box.

But regarding finding the anchor, I was working with the bow after that pic, and my intent was to let my bone structure alignment determine my anchor point. Not arbitrarily stick my finger in my mouth and declare that my anchor point, even as I am muscle-fugking the bow to keep it there.

I hear you man. Most of us have done the same. I just wanted you to know that bows are sort of like rifles in that they may shoot best close to maximum pressure and do it well for years but exceed the design parameters and bad things can happen. Regardless,you should not have been able to break that bow if it was designed and tillered correctly at even 33 or 34 inches IMHO.

On anchor what you are looking for is correct alignment. What that means is that you are stressing muscle against muscle as little as possible and have good form which is a lot of things that gets you perfectly aligned to hit the target.

Let me see if I can shed some light a different way. When I am properly aligned with good form,including my anchor point,I can see my arrow in my peripheral vision. I don't put that tip on the target unless I am far enough away to use it as a reference,which is about 50 yards,but I know it will be in a straight line directly under my target closer than 50 yards,or over if farther.

If my anchor is in the wrong place,then I won't be aligned properly with the target. If my form is bad then I won't be properly aligned in a straight line vertical to my target. Your arrow spine is also important in this as too weak a spine will fly to the right even if properly aligned for a RH shooter and a stiff arrow will fly to the left. Some just correct by aiming differently but this is a bad move and will hurt your accuracy and form.

It's not a gap shooting thing either. I have shot like this for enough years that it's as ingrained as shooting skeet with a shotgun,which also requires perfect form, even if you aren't consciously placing that beed at a specific point in the air. Think of your anchor like your cheek on the shotgun stock. If your cheek is 3 inches off the stock,you likely won't hit the target. In the same way,your anchor has to be so that you get correct alignment. Just like the gun,if you are ligned up and don't jerk the trigger,or flubb the release,you will hit the target.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 04/28/19.