Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I'm not hard over on aluminum vs carbon.

Aluminum looks less expensive, and since I'm likely to be destroying a few.....grin

I've got some carbons that I've been shooting for over 10 years. Some have been shot through 3/4 plywood by mistake, and lived to fly again. I shot XX75's for years,maybe 20 or so and always bent those suckers on something if I ever did any stumping or such.

My favorite shaft is the Carbon express heritage. You will save money if you fletch them yourself and you need top be able to cut and fletch arrows about like needing to be able to reload a rifle. You need to cut that arrow to tune it while bareshaft,before feathers.

The 150's I would think would work fine for you. I do know Lancasters archers use to would sell you just one arrow of a couple different spines if you weren't sure. I would call them and tell them all your info and try 3 carbons at their suggested everything. Just tell them you want a really tough carbon if they don't have the Heritage arrows. Look at heavier Gpp which should indicate an extra wrap and a stronger heavier arrow.

I do not shoot the hybrid arrows made of both aluminum and carbon. To me they have the faults of both and not as good as either in benefits. A big benefit of aluminum is ease of finding good tune. You can get there with carbons and they are well worth the effort when you do. They recover paradox faster and are much more durable unless you buy the super light weight target arrows.