I started w a glove as a kid, but got into compounds in college and used a tab w finger spacer (Kantpinch KP300- calf hair).
Love that tab.

If I shoot split finger w recurve, that's my choice. My anchor there is w middle finger at corner of mouth.
My stance is kinda open, which shortens draw a tad. But I never have left to right problems.

That type of shooting works for me quite well, but requires a lot of practice as the arrow is not used as a sight.

After banging up some fingers, I had little time to practice and tried 3 under. Had a different bow and arrows had some extra weight added to get them spined right.
Experimenting I found that with a higher anchor (under cheekbone) I could use the arrow as a sight.
Also found that three under, w middle finger at corner of mouth, allows same sight picture, for different yardage.

Choice of tab for 3 under is Blackwidow 3 under calf hair tab.

BTW, I think they call that changing anchor stuff "face walking".

Depending on your setup/style..........you might find something that works easier than another.
Part of the fun, experimenting

But all of this assumes you have a properly tuned system to start with.

The arrow as a sight works very well, but I find it slower.............not fluid. Esp after shooting reflexive for so long.
Hopefully my health holds up and I can shoot my favorite way and get back to unconscious gap shooting (instinctive some call it LOL).
My hands and back get beat up pretty bad at work.
Hell I cracked my arm not all that long ago. Still have a bump/tender spot on it.

Sucks your new toy blew up.
Glad you got only a conversation starter out of it.
Not had any warranty work through 3 Rivers, but have stopped by their shop/showroom before.
Nice people.
Should treat you just fine.

Bought some stuff from the prev 3R owner, when they were in the basement of a house not far from my mom's place.
That about 30 yrs ago LOL.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/28/19.