Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Where is medicine going in the future. Hard to tell honestly. Sometimes good changes come about and I think things are looking up for the future, but most of medicine is managed by corporate management groups that are hell bent on making big profits. Which doesn’t lend itself to good patient care.

No shareholder should have any interest, or any say, in anyone's access to healthcare, in my humble, NOT Liberal, opinion.

But who are we kidding, but ourselves.

PS - I felt exactly the same way before being diagnosed with cancer.

How did it change the way you feel if you don’t mind to elaborate. Always appreciate hearing opinions from people who have been through chronic illnesses. Helps to understand their perspective when you do what I do.

I don’t believe healthcare is all perfect and roses, I assure you. I have cared for numerous foreigners and work with quite a few every day. Some from countries with socialized medicine, some from 3rd world countries.

Medical care ain’t all that bad here though. One guy had his mother come here from England. Diagnosed with stg 3 cancer. Told hospice was best option, and that they wouldn’t do radiation and chemo due to prognosis. She got radiation, chemo, and two surgeries. Been 12 years now and she is at this point cancer free. She was 52 when diagnosed. In England they would have let her die