Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by DocRocket

I have a graph that I show to people who complain about "the high cost of doctors" which shows the growth in total health care costs compared to the costs of doctors' fees and to the costs of administrators salaries. Administrators have skyrocketed in numbers and in salaries in the past 20 years, doctors have been almost stagnant in both areas. The reason health care costs so much today is that people who do nothing to deliver healthcare are taking over the system.

This is why 60 cents or more out of every health care dollar spent goes to administrative and regulatory costs. Bureaucracy.

The orthopedic surgeon who did my ankle recently said that he joined his practice in 2001 and since that time they've kept the same number of MDs, same number of support staff, and same number of patients.

Today he's making less money, and we're all paying higher premiums. And the prior year United Health Care made a $3B profit. That's not where I want my medical dollars going.

Remember that $3B is not going to an individual but mostly going to stock holders many of which may be pension plans, IRAs, etc. That money goes round and round.

I'd rather see it going to the MDs responsbile for treating people.

Bingo!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?