Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by smokepole

I'd rather see it going to the MDs responsbile for treating people.

They're the ones adding the kind of value I'm interested in.

Originally Posted by Valsdad
Bingo

I understand what you are saying, but what company is going to hire these MDs without making a profit. It has become practically impossible for MDs to have a private practice, too much overhead.

I think what some of us are trying to get across is that we don't mind the Capitalist, for profit, method of doing business. It's just that in our minds the ones who should be getting a bigger piece of the pie are the providers themselves, and not administrators and "CEO's".

In the models I mentioned, Credit Unions and Electrical Co-ops, the administrators are not grossly overcompensated, which takes away benefits from the membership (stakeholders). If they were to attempt it, the membership would likely put a stop to it. When the stakeholders (the patients) are not shareholders they have no control over the compensation for the Admin folks.

Money moves in both scenarios, it just moves differently and personally (and it seems to some others) we just wish it would move to the actual service providers in the form of more of them hired/retained, and higher compensation for them also.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?