Originally Posted by Rhettsker
Walter,
That is great information and gives me a couple ideas I had not considered--thank you. My T3X lite is a 30-06 and Thunderbeast, among others, says no go with a 1/2x28 adapter. Be interested to know if you end up with the chopped CTR or the t3's with adapters. The adapters seem like a suboptimal solution if I am solely going to hunt suppressed moving forward. Maybe I am wrong? Really appreciate the comments/advice.
R

You know, it was soooo close on that T3X, for going straight 5/8-24 threads. I wonder if cutting back to 18 or 19 would have satisfied the smith that insisted it needed to go 1/2-28?

I personally see zero issue using an adapter. I am on my Montana and FN15, without issue with the Octane30. But, why do it if not needed from the start....

Are you looking to build a couple or few identical rifles in different calibers? I sure wouldn't want to hunt a CTR, a slim sporter would be the way to go.. Did you like the SWFA 3-9? Lotsa of questions, been wondering!

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/24/19.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?