Originally Posted by Rhettsker
Formi and Prairie Goat,

I was hoping you guys would weigh in on this subject. However, with all due respect, you guys are directly contradicting numerous suppressor manufacturers and gunsmiths who disagree with your recommendations. Why is there such differing opinions on this topic? For example, I can speak to 10 different gunsmiths and suppressor manufacturers about threading my Tikka T3X lite 30-06 and receive nearly 10 different answers. Its very confusing and frustrating to the average hunter who just wants wants to hunt suppressed and save his hearing. Why such a disconnect?
R

I’m not ‘goat or Form.... but I have had the same discussion with a lot of ‘smiths.

My take on it is this..... most of what comes out of old gunsmiths mouths is old wive’s tales. The majority of gunsmiths have never shot a suppressed rifle, and frankly have no use for them.

As far as the suppressor manufacturers..... much like the rest of the firearms industry, they’re ultimately run by lawyers.... and are simply covering their collective asses.

For a dedicated suppressed hunting rig.... I like an 18” sporter barreled 7/08, running 140/150 grain bullets in the 2700fps range. I’ve used mine both suppressed and unsuppressed in hunting situations.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......