Interesting. Someone before mentioned potential to loosen being reduced with more shoulder IIRC. Oh, it was he'd noticed a tendency to loosen on a CTR that's factory 5/8-24 threaded with not much shoulder... Chit, my 20ish" SS CTR measures 0.785"!

Also the 0.750", oops, 0.725" that Thunder Beast recommends for 5/8-24 threads covers 22 to 33cal.

So, how's about 9/16-28 (or 9/16- 24) threads and 30 cal? A bit less meat than industry accepted 1/2-28 and 22 cal, depending on one's math prowess .. Ok? Can we work with that on the T3X Lite?

So, this is the 6.5CM T3X Lite mentioned. It's threaded 1/2-28 at 21" where it measures about 0.630" and has an adapter up to 5/8-24 that was in anticipation of a 5/8-24 threaded suppressor which was not in hand. Nor was anyone that I recall thinking .a shouldered adapter wouldn't look like ass waiting for the suppressor.... Obviously the consensus would be not use the shoulderless adapter, but a shouldered one. Or, a 1/2" threaded suppressor. Or, cut it back, thread 9/16, and then use a shouldered adapter. Or, what's to be done here?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/30/19. Reason: Clarity, pic added

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?