Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
When you're are a prick, generally nobody gives a damn what you say. Haven't you noticed that on the many other threads where you are a prick to people and they tell you that?

You know why that doesn't bother me? Because the people who get upset at me are the blowhards who want everyone to think their hot air is worth listening to. I don't have much patience for a blowhard, and the opinion of a guy like that just doesn't mean much. It says a lot about you that you've gotten so worked up about this when it's something you obviously know very little about.

BTW you must really struggle with basic math. .660" diameter gives about .050" (.049", close enough) shoulder for a 9/16" thread.

Dearest Yonderguy. I have no feelings for you so couldn't possibly be upset. I just don't care for the way you are a prick on the Fire. That's your deal though... .

Will, try again here, directly to you with the full picture since you are looking down from that really tall horse...

The intense f'ing math is important here. In this case, the 30 cal T3X Lite barrel in question measures 0.628" or 0.630" at 21" OK? Not 0.660". Options discussed include 1/2 threads with lots of shoulder and not much internals (don't think anyone is promoting that as ideal or even reasonable.). Or 9/16 threads and less shoulder than you say is recommended but otherwise ok internals. Or 5/8 threads and basically no shoulder, which we've already been through ad naseum. Focusing on this.... Have any input? For a 5/8 threaded suppressor....

Here's the deal. I posed the question, and do so again just for you. That for such a barrel, is saying screw the generally recommended shoulder and opt for the 9/16 threads to maintain the internal, going to be AOK? My ignorant opinion is hell yes. Of course alignment with the bore will be varified. (Just like it was with no shoulder example, but I digress.) Got it? Recall, please by god recall, its not 0.660"!, it's. 0.630"... And ideally a solution is sought that doesn't require custom work beyond the threading and is not proprietary.

So, anything workable here with off the shelf parts?

If you feel that you have already addressed this specific example, well do point it out as your math comments seem to indicate that you missed an important point in the discussion.... wink

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/31/19. Reason: Clarity for discussion.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?