I send my barrels to Ecco machine in Elizabeth, Co for threading. Nick, the owner can cut, thread, and then mount a threaded collar to the barrel to provide a nice wide shoulder for the can to lock against. According to him the minimum barrel barrel diameters for each thread pattern with this method are .510" for 1/2-28, .573" for 9/16-24 and .635" for 5/8-24.

I don't have any Tikkas on hand, but I measured one of my last copies and I think you'd be able to do your Tikka lite in 5/8x24 at most any length.

On the topic of length, shorter is better for a suppressed rifle, 16" - 20", the velocity you give up is well worth the shorter length with a can installed. If you really need more velocity, I'd go with a bigger cartridge over a longer barrel, cans knock down blast a huge amount and recoil quite a bit, so the main cost is the extra powder.

I have a .30-06 X-Bolt chopped to 18.5" and threaded 5/8x24, and a 6.5 CM Kimber Montana chopped to 20" (probably could have gone shorter) and threaded 1/2x28 as my main hunting rifles:

The X-Bolt while out hunting yesterday (the elk were not cooperative).

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Another virtue for suppressed hunting rifles is lightweight, Kimbers are great for this, my copy comes in at 7lb 1.1oz with scope and can.

This is what the muzzles with collars look like

Bonus pic of a Ruger 77/44 I had done the same way in 5/8x24.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 10/27/19.