Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

You know, it was soooo close on that T3X, for going straight 5/8-24 threads. I wonder if cutting back to 18 or 19 would have satisfied the smith that insisted it needed to go 1/2-28?

I personally see zero issue using an adapter. I am on my Montana and FN15, without issue with the Octane30. But, why do it if not needed from the start....

Chopping a lite back doesn’t gain you much diameter, still have to go 1/2” or possibly 9/16”. I understand Rhettsker’s dilemma, Thunderbeast clearly says that 1/2” threads aren’t sufficient for .30 cal bore. The reason they say this is the resulting thin muzzle walls when threading larger bores 1/2”. Not so much that using adapters is bad, though an adapter does add another component to the mix that could result in a suppressor not being as concentric to the bore as it should be.

But like you said Boomer Kimber Montana’s come with 7/16” muzzle threads and we’ve all seen that many guys are using 1/2” threads with 6.5, 7mm, .30 cal bores. So obviously opinions vary on the issue of small muzzle thread and larger bores.

As I mentioned earlier, I use 1/2” threads on T3x lites in 223 and 243. No problems at all as the adapter I use and The muzzle threads are cut straight enough that everything lines up properly.