I bought my 1/2”-5/8” adapters from forum member john1187, they seem to be well machined parts. I’ve used this adapter with my 5/8-24 threaded 6.5mm can (SAS barricade) on 4 different tikka lites threaded 1/2”-28 with no problems whatsoever. These are 22-.243 cal rifles. It’s easy to visually check that your bore and suppressor are lined up properly prior to firing a new setup (just like manually bore sighting). You should check this whether using an adapter or not, a baffle strike due to a poor threading job would suck. Lockup has been solid as well, I’ve not had the suppressor come loose from firing or handling

To me the concern was more about muzzle wall thickness using 1/2” threads with a .264, 7mm, .30 cal bore than any worry about the adapter. This is the main issue that suppressor manufactures and some gunsmiths seem to be concerned about when threading sporter barrels. Formid, Dogshooter and jackmountain’s comments here make me think I shouldn’t worry so much about this issue. I may go ahead and thread my t3 lite 6.5 creed...

All that said I don’t think suppressor manufacturers like Thunderbeast and the many gunsmiths that caution against smaller thread diameters with larger bores are FOS. I’m thinking there’s some combination of round count, large capacity .30 cal like a .300wm, and small threads that would make something give (there’s gotta be a reason Barrett goes to the trouble to thread the FC muzzles 5/8”-24). Whether any of that is a real world concern for a guy setting up a Suppressed hunting rifle is another question.