Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
So, riddle me this. As indicated previously, the OPs T3X Lite could achieve a 5/8-24" thread at 21" with just a tiny amount of what could be called shoulder, but let's say it's just threads on the barrel terminating (on the end toward the receiver, no 0.050" shoulder.... If screwed on snug, righty tighty, (LOL) AND of course if and only if alignment is good to avoid any strike, what's the problem? The end of the barrel threads are inside the can's threads, the extra threads inside the can are just there per usual, and the crown is not touched, again per usual. What's the perceived problem?

Good grief man. If it doesn't have a shoulder, what is it tightening against? Do you have any concept of tolerance in threaded applications?

Instead of making up your own ideas, take some time to actually learn this stuff. There's a whole industry involved in suppressors and suppressor mounting, and lots of well established principles and knowledge that are freely available if you're willing to learn.

It would bottom out on the termination of the thread, tighter than chit. Like anything else. If you want to hurl insults PISS OFF.

Couldn't one use a jam nut?

No, Yonderprick says that'd be all F'd up. But, if you got alignment, then WTF not ehh? Recall he suggests having adapters custom made to shoulder on the muzzle. Yah, that's the ticket.

But, my question posed today is solely for discussion as the proper solution has been offered many times, thread 1/2-28 and use a good enough adapter. Then no whining is required.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?