I didn't read all this but did see the howa mentioned. I think the howa and vanguard are easily the best for the buck available right now. If you don't reload and want options forget the 243 win and just get a 6.5 creedmoor. You won't notice a difference in recoil but you will have access to much better options in low cost high performance ammo.

Anything creedmoor has been chambered to more modern and better chamber dimensions and twisted right. The throats on the 6.5 can be a little long but they still shoot well loaded at mag length and you don't reload anyways. I really like my 6 creed but the 6.5 gives you more factory options although the 6 creed is catching up and has way more good loads available now than 243 ever did or will due to superior twist.

I'd get a vanguard or howa 6.5 creed for under $500 and put 3-9 super sniper on it for $459 black friday price. If that's too far over get the fixed 6. If you really want the smaller 243 get the howa 6 creed.

Stay away from leupold 2-8. They have the worst most inconsistent adjustments of almost any scope. If you have to go leupold the 3.5-10 is usually one of the better bets but so is almost any other mid range brand.

Some people here are nostalgic and that drives their decisions. If that's the way you are than just buy on emotion. If you want top performance for your buck then a 10 twist 243 simply cannot hang with any of the creedmoors. Their faster twists allow higher BC bullets which is a gift that keeps on giving.

Look at some charts and compare a 243 win 100g fed blue box, win power point, or rem cor lock to a 6 creed hornady 105 HP or 108 eldm. Look at wind drift, drop, and speed at range. Consider 1800 fps a minimum speed for impact on big game. Below that many bullets don't expand and can lead to penciling through game and poor terminal performance. The point a round drops below 1800 is what you should typically consider max hunting range. The creedmoors and their higher BC bullet options totally outclass a 10 twist 243.

Start with what offers the best performance for the buck. Learn to shoot and enjoy what it will do. Then add the nostalgic safe queen stuff that's like grandpa had as you get older and you have the money to spend on stuff that looks pretty but is hamstrung out of the gate performance wise.

Go howa, one of the creedmoors, a ss fixed or 3-9, and lots of great factory ammo that's only about $20 a box. You'll amaze yourself with what you can do and spend your time building your skills with confidence that you have the right gear to do it.

Bb