Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
The average cost of a new vehicle in 2019 across the board is $53,534 according to one site.

Huh? According to Kelly Blue book average price of a new car is right at $37K

Here's the breakdown by brands - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...rding-to-kelley-blue-book-300860710.html

I took the total of the average of new midsize, luxury, pickup and compact and divided by 4. I guess some brands sell more than others, so if that data proves your point more then by all means use it. oh, BTW, maybe check out the little bit of figuring I did later. oh wait you did that and twisted that as well. All you did was give you OPINION of things, and try to play them off as facts. Not surprised given how heated you were. honestly I couldn't care less, because it changes nothing. Bristoe once again is being himself, and I swear one day I will take him up on his offer if he still remembers it. out of the majority of ya'll here he's the reasonable and prudent one. shareaspliff? wink

as to the rest, say what you will twist what you want, the bottom line is we are worse off than before as a whole when it comes to building prosperity. now it's a numbers game. So that said I will ask you boomers - given the choice would you rather be born in the 70's or 80's or when you were born in the 50's(ish) that will tell you something right there. BOOYAH

Given what I know now. The seventies would have put me into my career in the early nineties. Would have been much easier for me. No doubt about it. A lot of people made bad choices, starting with the degree they chose and how to pay for it.

One other thing I know - no one born in '70 had to go to bed every night wondering if they'd be nuked in their sleep. Nor did they face the near certainty that they'd be forced against their will to be cannon fodder in SE Asia or elsewhere.
And cripes......cigarette smoke damn near everywhere.

As for LBJ - everyone knows the damage he did, but some just want more of it. Hard lessons, learned by some and not by others.

You don't see me crowing about my generation. But the kids wanna cry without any push back, and I just can't sympathize. Common theme these days.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.