Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I know we are a product of our own experiences, but I was trying to get away from "well i had ...... and the folks up on the hill had....." . Yeah, I had no idea how poor we were when I was a kid till I was in HS. Dad worked, Mom was at home with us kids, and we went to church every week and my folks threw money away at starving pigmies or phillipinos or whatever. I had NO idea what the societal breakdowns were because it never entered my life. That doesn't mean I can't look back and form a more informed opinion on things.
Now that is funny.

But you know, seriously, I had it rougher than the rest of y'all growin' up. hehehheh

Prezactly. It turns into a "I had it worse than you did", or my parents ate grubs outta the dirt. Or my grandparents shidt on the dirt floor of the cabin that fed the grubs my parents ate.

I'm not crapping on anybody or their families. And I'm not going to compare stories. You make it or you don't. It's America. It's on you. Period.

BTW, if a guy wants to get into the disparity of opportunity between generations, how many of the farmers on the 'fire took out loans and bought their own land and equipment and how many are working land handed down with equipment that they didn't finance?

Not many if any I'd bet. And no, by NO WAY is that a knock. I'm from farming stock, I know how it works. My cousin is trying like HELL to make a small dairy work that my grandpa started when he got home from WWII. My point is you can't do it and make it today. And it's a crying damned shame.

Rant off.

Peace on Urth good will to men.

MAGA