Originally Posted by logcutter
Originally Posted by BobMt

they may be 4wd....but they are not using it....2wd nationals or whatever....that's the point ..they are trashing the truck.....to go where 4wd would be a lot easier...bob

I guess the point is,a 2WD can work in those circumstances we sometimes get into back in the hills..Also the point,not everyone needs a 4X4 for things like Sam does...So everyone has to decide for there selves if the extra maintenance/extra cost and extra lack of fuel mileage is worth buying a 4X4 they rarely use when a 2WD will do atleast,99% of it.

Not knocking 4X4's at all, just saying a 2WD can handle way more than it is given credit for.

My 2017 F-150 4WD four door, with a 5.0 averages 19 MPG, and that's including short and long trips. My wife has a 2017 Explorer 2WD that only gets about 24MPG, so I figure I'm doing pretty good. I've only owned one 4WD pickup that had issues with the 4WD, and that was a 1979 one. The last 3 Fords I've had with 4WD have not had to have any extra maintenance done to them because they were 4WD. in this age of the technology we have, 4WD pickups are pretty much equal to the 2WD's.