Originally Posted by BC30cal
I've not yet met Salty303 - open invite extended here for sure - BUT - I have passed through the town he lives in/near at least 2 times a year for the past 35 years and sometimes monthly.

Without chains, the transport trucks are not allowed on some passes - when the sign is flashing, one chains up or faces fines - and most likely doesn't move from there.

Ah yes that lovely stretch of road just up from the snow shed affectionally known to truckers and locals as The Smasher. A long relentless grade where 8 foot snow packs are not out of the ordinary at all. White hell, wind, snow sideways semis jack knifed, trying to creep around them (I'd be in 2 wd if I was that good but I'm a mere mortal so I click in to 4 high). Man my fingers just got all clenched up and my knuckles white just thinking about it. What a total miserable piece of real estate that thing is, no good comes from The Smasher. Well, maybe on a nice day. And good for you Dwayne as you've still got another pass or 2 to deal with to get home! I bet you've become real good at reading weather forecasts..

Back at you sir, we should hook up for a cuppa some time. Tell a few lies, maybe solve a problem or two. cheers.

Dan

Last edited by Salty303; 11/24/19.