Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by BobMt

my dad never had a 4wd.....I remember going all over the desert in az..... camping up in the white mountains...he always gave it hell when it needed it...…..in a car no less....

I started out with 4wd...sure was a lot easier...…….so I know the capabilities of 2wd....that's why I started with 4wd...….

the trailer comment was joking around......all in fun......bob

the desert in arizona.
i have been out where it's perfectly flat, after heavy rain, water has no where to go. in 4x4, and could hardly go two feet.
or the time son had a lifted 4x4chevy truck, big tires, had in a little cattywampus front tires in this little four or five inch ditch and it rained real good. I remember walking about ten miles in the mud and rain cussing that truck.
I don't remember ever getting stuck in my dad's studebaker truck with cleated tires and chains. but there were a lot of places i decided i didn't need to go wondering if i would have to walk it out.
two y ears ago i had my 3/4ton dodge diesel 4x4 in mud up to the axles, about ten miles in on a crappy so called road. I was praying to the baby Jesus we would get out. We did, but i ain't doing that again ever.

I've heard of diesel burying the front ends where gassers can keep going. Fords 6.7, at 1100# wet, weighs nearly twice as much as the 6.2 gas motor. It is something to consider when going off road.
true, won't take my diesel down the beach.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter