Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Jayco's got it right.

Them that think a 2wd isn't a "real truck" are silly.

To be fair, I don't plan on ever having another 2wd pickup, but for several years that's all I had. I still have her and use her. If you know how to drive, and yes use chains, a 2wd pickup can go a lot further and do a lot of things that would amaze many.

Good to hear, seems like there’s a steady supply of used low mileage base 2wd Tacos around here, prob’ly do 99% of what I would use it for, and patience and a winch could cover much of that last 1%

The last 4x4 I had was a used 70-something Dodge truck, w/locking hubs, gas V8, mileage in the mid to low teens. Sold it in Grad school, got into motorcycles which can be a year-round proposition down here. Better mileage.

When in the sand of SE Arizona, I kept a couple chunks of 1/4" plywood in the bed. If you get in a bind, are not retarded, and have the factory scissor jack you can get yourself into and out of a lotta places. I'd be called a liar by some if I posted some of the places I've taken my old 92 "gasp" regular cab longbed 2wd.

but you will never buy another 2wd......that is the important part......if someone ...birdman.....is starting out the cost and maintenance is not as overwhelming as some make it out to be......bob

Yes, thanks for catching that point. 4x4 is way more handier, and way better in a lot of situations. My only point was that a guy doesn't need to let his lack thereof keep him to dry, level pavement. To read most of this thread, my God I can't imagine how anybody ever went ANYWHERE without it. smile

MAGA