Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by BobMt

my dad never had a 4wd.....I remember going all over the desert in az..... camping up in the white mountains...he always gave it hell when it needed it...…..in a car no less....

I started out with 4wd...sure was a lot easier...…….so I know the capabilities of 2wd....that's why I started with 4wd...….

the trailer comment was joking around......all in fun......bob

the desert in arizona.
i have been out where it's perfectly flat, after heavy rain, water has no where to go. in 4x4, and could hardly go two feet.
or the time son had a lifted 4x4chevy truck, big tires, had in a little cattywampus front tires in this little four or five inch ditch and it rained real good. I remember walking about ten miles in the mud and rain cussing that truck.
I don't remember ever getting stuck in my dad's studebaker truck with cleated tires and chains. but there were a lot of places i decided i didn't need to go wondering if i would have to walk it out.
two y ears ago i had my 3/4ton dodge diesel 4x4 in mud up to the axles, about ten miles in on a crappy so called road. I was praying to the baby Jesus we would get out. We did, but i ain't doing that again ever.

I've heard of diesel burying the front ends where gassers can keep going. Fords 6.7, at 1100# wet, weighs nearly twice as much as the 6.2 gas motor. It is something to consider when going off road.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.