I hunt pheasant at my gun club every Monday during the season. Today it was 38 degrees no wind. The area
I hunted today was at the end of a dead end road. The last 75 yards is a dirt 2 track rutted and muddy on most days like today. My F250 Super Duty handled the 2 track fine in 2WD. Turned into the property and while parking got stuck. Just like Sam’s video I sat and spun. Tried easing back and forth, nothing. The culprit was leaves. Wet leaves on bare ground might as well of been ice. Turned the switch and boom movement slow and deliberate. All my buddies had the same problem.

And another thing when my truck is full (38 gals) powder snow ls no issue in 2WD. Heavy enough with fuel to power through powder, but heavy wet snow or ice, forget it. And forget driving a dually for every day driving. (Towing different story.) I have had 2WD pickups and cars and no way I would go back. Life is about compromise and 4WD is worth every cent to me. I would add I live in a small city with plows so by the second day the roads are asphalt again. The weather the Montana contingent have to deal with is a no brainer. Our plow trucks are RWD dump trucks with chains and slide in sanders. When they get stuck they send out 4WD pay-loader to dig us out. And the mud you southerners have to deal with is pretty bad to. Same issue driving in mud on a North Carolina deer hunt. I would not be without 4WD.

Last edited by Mike_S; 11/25/19.