Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
When I arrived in Texas about 35 years ago, two things struck me as different. One was most of the people I became friends with down here (Texas Rednecks for the most part) kept handguns in their trucks. The other was most of ‘em HAD trucks.

Not often 4wd drive tho. IIRC a general consensus went you didn’t need it that often and if you did a winch could get you out.

I would guess since then 4wd has become less intrusive and more user-friendly, and on the base 2020 Tacoma the 4wd option only adds about $1,700 to the list price of the truck work almost the same fuel economy (4wd has a significantly better resale value too).

Still, around here, most pickups are still 2wd, and most are Ford F 150s.

Thoughts?

I’ll never be without a 4wd truck again. When you need it, you generally REALLY need it. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14