Originally Posted by BayouRover
So, Birdie, can we all just assume that you had planned all along to buy the cheapest stripped-down version of a 2WD truck and a used Harley and just move along to something more important?

Asking for a friend............

Ain’t planned anything all along, but I did just get a lot of great info. What more timely topic on the ‘Fire than trucks?

I got two paid-off high-mileage Corollas in the driveway that start every time I turn the key, got em back from my Ex and my son when they bought their own vehicles. We also have a great mechanic teaching Auto Shop at school who fixes stuff for free plus the price of parts. When the older Corolla hit 320,000 he dropped in a salvage motor for just $1500 in motor and parts. That was 50,000 miles ago. Runs great doesn’t burn oil. So I got transportation covered.

Be sorta cool if tho if I could leave my son a truck, my Ex’s dad did that, and between them his kids used that old (2wd) truck as needed for most of the next 20 years.

A Harley could get me laid, which is important.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744