Originally Posted by CowboyTim
I had never had them until about 8 years ago when I was working in Louisiana. Little cafe I would get breakfast at on the weekends served them with breakfast and I really enjoyed them. Now, I've gotten into homebrew in the last year or so, and as a side affect, I have grits in the house(I use them in Cream Ale).

I've been making them with a little salt/pepper, butter, onions, and sharp cheddar cheese. I like them a lot that way, but, I'm curious what some of you guys that eat them more often add to them.

Let me know if you please.

Instead of water use low sodium chicken broth. Bring to a hard boil and add one tablespoon of garlic powder and let it boil a short while. With the broth boiling hard slowly pour in the grits while whisking (with a whisk) . Keep whisking the grits until they start to swell. Add a double handful of extra sharp, shredded, cheddar cheese and whisk it in. When all is melted and blended cut off the heat, put a lid on it and give it 5 minutes or so.

Serve it with links of good smoked sausage or pan sausages and Steens Pure Ribbon Cane Syrup.

Good for what ails you.

Edited to add:
That’s Louisiana style

Last edited by Old_Toot; 02/09/20.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.