I was oblivious to grits until I was well into adulthood. Nobody around Cincinnati served them. After meeting KYHillChick, we frequented Waffle House when we were on the road. I became enamored of grits, and have been eating them ever since.

One of the family's funniest moments came when little Angus was a baby. We were driving S-I75 going down to the TN line to visit 'HillChick's kin, and we stopped at a Waffle House. For several exits before, we'd been talking up grits to Lil Angus. He was all excited. He was going to get grits for the first time. He was too young to talk, but you could see the gleam in his eyes.

We went into Waffle House and ordered. The meal came. We put a bowl of grits in front of him, and 'HillChick put a spoonful of it in his mouth. The look of extreme disappointment was priceless. It was as though all the joy of Life suddenly left him. I don't think he ever trusted us fully after that.

'HillChick is from the KY/TN line. She can't stand them. I'm a Cincy Krauthead, and I love them. Go figure.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer