I've had trailers since 1992.
I wouldn't full time in a 1/2 ton truck. They don't come stock with 10 ply tires and all the running gear is
lightweight.
Trailer manufacturers lie about the weight of their trailers. I don't believe they really weigh their trailers, at least not on certified scales.
Don't buy a lite or Super Lite.
All weather trailers are way better than standard trailers but cost more and weigh more.
A toy hauler will allow way longer boondocking with with 100 gals. of freshwater and an on board generator but lack storage space of standard trailers.
If you intend to snowbird at RV parks you will probably have to reserve way in advance. A friend of mine was on the road while his home was being built. They had a hard time finding RV parks to stay in.
Bass Pro Cabelas will allow overnight paring if you park around back. The BP in Colorado Springs has marked parking spots for RVs. on the east end of the store.
2 6v batteries are superior to 1 12v.
Keep 2 spare tires on hand.
Pay attention to the rating on your tires. Many times they are barely equal to the weight capacity of the trailer. I upgraded to D load range to C.
Don't haul a full load of water. In my trailer it would add 835 lbs. and you lose cargo capacity doing it.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.