Valsdad and Rock Chuck:

Appreciate the responses.

Purchased a small 50 watt panel last Christmas and plugged it into a controller. On bluebird days it can keep the charge up to snuff. On cloudy or overcast days, no, and I have to plug it in after just two to three days to avoid a complete drain. . Presently our charge assessment is based on some idiot lights where one presses a button and gets a full, 2/3, 1/3, empty reading. When I get through the warranty period I'll bypass or pull that system and just wire in digital voltmeter somewhere.

Do have a 3000 watt Honda generator and fire that up if we want to do TV, microwave, air conditioning etc We will likely get five or six 100 watt panels in the future. Cookie is very good at conserving power, making minimal use of the furnace, lights, water pump etc, but we feel we should be able to go two or three days without doing a full recharge.

Our unit is a bumper pull Minnie Winnie about 25 ft with a single slide out. Could probably sleep 4, and have enough seating that we can entertain up to about 7 for a sit down meal. Haul it around with a F350 crew cab diesel.

Have some small economic issues at the moment with a possible need to retrieve a son that's having difficulties nailing down his first million. Want to hit the road when we get that settled.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/20/20.

1Minute