johnw, I can’t offer any help on properties or campgrounds, as we rarely use campgrounds. “BUT”, I will say this ......”Do Not Buy New”! Rv’s take a tremendous depreciation hit over the first several years. We’ve RV camped since the mid-70’s, and used 5th wheels since the early ‘90’s, and have learned a little in that time frame. Just a suggestion, buy what you “think” you want, without spending a lot of cash. Then after a few years of learning, you “will” be shopping again for a unit that closer meets your needs/wants.

On the used purchase suggestion. Our present 5th wheel was 8 years old when we bought it from a “motivated seller”. He had invested somewhere upwards of $160 K....we got it for just under $34K. Yes, there were a few small items that needed addressing, 6 new tires, 6 new batteries, and some work on the hydraulic disc brake system ( which I did myself). But, overall we got a hellofa unit for a small % of the original price.

We’ve never bought new, and since 1993 have stayed with one brand, which ceased to exist (along with several quality, high end rv’s) with the market collapse of the late 2000’s. If you go to rvtrader, or RVT for a enormous list of rv’s for sale. There are many quality, high end older units to be had at a good price. Also consider, joining an RV forum or three.....there are literally thousands of participants that are very knowledgeable about rv’s, as quite a few idiots as well!

Good Luck with your new chosen lifestyle! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024