Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by smokepole
The haters will be along shortly to tell y'all you shouldn't be watching Rinella......

I guess "haters" would be me.
Rinella sold a huge (controlling) stake in Meateater to Liberal activist Peter Chernin. Gun hater extraordinaire.... that's not a conspiracy theory it's fact.
If that all seems like a contradiction in terms, it is.

Have you ever been through a PE buyout? Politics doesn't really enter the equation. It's about money. How are you going to take this buyout and grow it? Rumor is, it was over 8 figures.

Entrepreneurs are rewarded. If you build something people want, you should be rewarded.

It seems like the American dream to me. Build something, sell it, build some more and then the 2nd capitalization event, cash out. He's done well.

Chernin is gonna do what he's gonna do, regardless of whether he owns Meateater or not. Think about the target audience of the show though. It's not 2A supporters or lifelong hunters. It's people who don't know much about hunting and the message is, "if you eat meat, there's nothing wrong with killing it yourself." Thats a good message and the people who need to hear that are not the ones who post here.

A wise man is frequently humbled.